Saturday, August 17, 2013

Verbal Diarrhea

I wasn't planning on blogging today, but I just had an embarrassing experience and for some reason, whenever that happens, I feel the need to share and relive my shame.  While I was out riding my bicycle with Asher on his trike and Lawson on foot, we met some of our neighbors who live down the street with their cute 19 month old daughter.  After making introductions and planning to play at a later date, I blurted out - "I just had a bone marrow transplant.  That's why I have no hair."  I wasn't wearing my wig, which is becoming more commonplace for me, but I was wearing a helmet and they probably couldn't even see much of my head to begin with.  Actually, that was their first response, "Oh! We didn't even notice..."  Awkward.   While I continued to blab my medical history to these poor people, my legs began to frantically pedal my bicycle further and further away, like they were begging my mouth to STOP TALKING. Obviously my insecurity with my short tresses comes out in the form of verbal diarrhea.  As we made our hasty exit, I turned to Lawson, "TMI?" Always trusted to give an honest answer, he responded, "probably." :)

1 comment: