Monday, September 9, 2013

August's End

Nothing feels quite so good as toes in the sand, salt in the air, and the surf sounds rushing in with the wind.  I couldn't quite believe we were in Seaside after this crazy year.   It had been ten years since I had last seen Seaside, and while there were some obvious changes (new restaurants and shops and awesome food trucks), much of what I remembered was the same.  The houses were quaint and colorful, the tourists were happy, and there was a lot of ice cream to be eaten.  We traveled by bicycles, with Asher in a caboose, and lived in our make-believe bubble for Labor Day Weekend.  It was a perfect beach trip.  Asher and Lawson spent all day playing in the sand, crashing in the afternoon, and every evening was spent back on the beach, nights topped off with ice cream.  After a brief visit to St. Louis, where I got to reconnect with two dear friends and convince my doctor that I didn't need any more IVIG (woohoo!), this end to August was very sweet.








1 comment: