Monday, September 9, 2013

Moderation

Never one to diet, my grandmother has always lived and eaten according to moderation.  My brother-in-law recently sent me an article on debunking so-called "clean" eating.  Basically, the article explained that food is food, there is no such thing as clean food, and while some foods are better for you than others, any and all in moderation is fine.  As my mother-in-law says, the hard part of moderation is moderation.  I completely agree.  While I am currently not one to really shun any food group, I have been known in the past to be pretty strict about my nutrition and my son's.  These days, I sing a little different tune, aiming more for moderation, with a sticky side of sweet binging that may need some tweaking.  My husband, who could not believe I didn't eat meat when he met me and made fun of me for years for my healthy ways, will now not touch red meat (after watching Forks Over Knives) and insists on sending Asher something green or veggie every day for lunch regardless of whether or not he will actually eat said green.  Funny how things change.

2 comments:

  1. This is Aaron's exact philosophy on eating. He would love to know what the article was debunking "clean" eating!
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devon! The article can be found here: http://impruvism.com/clean-eating/

    ReplyDelete